Wednesday, April 23, 2014

top ten

Who doesn't love knowing little interesting facts about other people?? My good friend, Laura, from Love & Life did a "Top Ten" post... and so, I'm copying :)

                              

1. Back scratches. Austin will laugh at this (and totally agree) being my #1. I've always loved getting my back scratched... my mom used to scratch my back when I was little, and my grandma always gave the best back scratches when we would visit her.

2. Banana flavored anything. Shakes, smoothies, laffy taffy, slurpees, ice cream... you name it, I love it. Chunky Monkey ice cream is my jam... and recently, I discovered Haagen Dazs Gelato: Caramelized Banana Chip. bomb.

3. Reading. Now, since having Chan Chan, I don't get to read hardly ever. But I love love love getting lost in a new book. My reading list now consists of Dr.Seuss books, The Hungry Caterpillar, Goodnight Moon, and Baby Wise (yes, I gave in... these 2 babes in my belly, or uhh me, are going to need a schedule!) but that's okay... I'll have time for my books later.

4. Fall. Ugh, I'm in love with fall weather. Maybe I'm a little biased with getting to live in New England for a fall... but seriously, who doesn't love the changing leaves, finally getting to break out your boots and scarves, pumpkinssssss?? And... my sweet baby girls will be here this fall! I can't wait!

5. Keys. No, not the way my daughter is obsessed with them... and about that, she now will grab my keys, wave bye bye, and head for the door... all while pressing any button she can so that my alarm goes off in my garage. Ha, I love that girl. But no, not those keys. I'm talking about the cool, vintage keys you put around your house for decoration. I'm a teeny bit obsessed. In fact, when I find some, my husband does the, "oh man... here we go..." face because I'm stuck sifting through all the keys for at least 15 minutes deciding on which one I want (or maybe I just want ALL of them).

6. Flowers. I secretly love fresh flowers. However, I hate spending money on them. I wish I could have them all over my house all the time... But they only last for a week tops, and then they're just not as pretty... and then I'm just mad that I spent money on them and now all I have is an empty vase. So I settle for the fake ones you buy at the craft store. SO not the same... but they do last longer :)


7. When Chandler says "mama". And I know all you mama's feel the same way when your baby's (toddler's) say "mama". It's so sweet and so innocent and I love the way Chandler gets a sneaky shy smile on her face when she says it. Or when I'm getting ready in the morning and all of a sudden I hear, "Mama, mama, mamaaaaaaaaa" coming from her room. Melts me. Sometimes I just wait at her door for a minute so she'll keep saying it.

8. Lipstick. Any color. Austin hates it. Well, he said he doesn't hate the way it looks, he hates the lack of kisses he gets when I wear it. I may have a slight obsession... and I may have a whole makeup bag full of it. Every girls needs a favorite lipstick in her life... and I'm convinced that a little red lipstick is guaranteed to make your day better. Or at least have a good laugh at yourself.

9. Scriptures. My life line. My brightness on a dark day. I won't get all churchy and bust into missionary mode on you... But scriptures are seriously a life-changer for me. I can always tell when I haven't read them in a while. I'm a little more moody, a little more edgy, and a little less happy. When I catch myself like this, a few verses is all I need to flip those emotions right around. Such a simple fix, and such a simple way of life.

10. Sweatpants. I love. The first thing I do when I get home from work (or anywhere that requires me to wear real clothes) it strip down and put on my sweatpants. And then I don't take them off until I have to get dressed again the next day. Now with being pregnant, I'm in sweats even when I probably should be wearing regular clothes.


Well, there ya have it. Those are my Top Ten favorite things for the moment. And with my pregnancy brain (it's so bad this time around) I probably missed some major things... But we'll save that for another post :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this!! I'm totally jumping on the bandwagon and doing one of these!
    Mia STILL won't say mom, ugh! Breaking my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back scratches are the best! And Banana Ice cream mmm, These top tens are the best, i love learning these little things about everyone. So glad you did it too!

    ReplyDelete