Wednesday, July 23, 2014

maternity pictures pt. 1

I recently had some maternity pictures taken with Adore You Photography. We had them taken up in Brian Head, since that's where we are living right now and that's where we will bring the girls home. I'm not a huge lover of being pregnant so when I was pregnant with Chandler, I was super hesitant about getting any sort of maternity pictures done... and I'm so glad I got them done with her. There is a picture of me when I was pregnant with her up in her room and every time she see's it now she says, "Mama!" and then points to my belly and says, "baby!!" I know that she will like to see what I looked like when I had her in my belly.


So since I had maternity pictures done for Chandler, I had to get them done for the twins as well. I really wish I loved being pregnant... don't get me wrong, I love the concept of being pregnant and that my body is able to carry a baby and that our bodies are even able to do something like creating another human being... The whole process is amazing. I just personally don't love being pregnant. However, I am so grateful that I'm able to grow these 2 little babies in my belly, and for that reason, I feel like I needed to document it. 


When I asked Maddy with Adore You Photography to do these pictures for me, I was so excited that she not only agreed to do them for me, but also agreed to drive all the way up to Brian Head to do them! We had so much fun and it was so easy! I am not a photography person by any means... I like having pictures to look back on, but the whole taking pictures process is not my thing... But she was so fun and easy going that it made the whole process so enjoyable!


I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father is trusting me with these sweet girls. I never thought that I would be carrying 2 babies in my belly at once... but now that they are in there kicking and swimming around, I can't imagine it any other way. Looking ahead to my journey of having 3 kids under age 2 I know that it's going to be super challenging and I'll probably want to pull my hair out on a daily basis, but I do know that things happen for a reason, and that God doesn't give us more then we can handle. These sweet little girls are meant to come to earth together at this time and I'm beyond blessed that I get to be their mother.


Make sure you come back to see part 2 of these amazing pictures! I was dying over so many that I couldn't choose just a few so I had to split my post into 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment