Monday, July 7, 2014

Diet Coke Confessions

I heard this on some talk show at work a little while ago... and it just now popped back into my head... and considering my biggest confession is... I've officially given up soda... yea, go ahead and pass out... this post title is totally appropriate! So... here goes my non "diet coke confessions" for the week:


  • No lie... soda is mostly a thing of my past. I say mostly because I still steal a sip or two from Austin's soda... but with this pregnancy, my heartburn has been out. of. control. And drinking soda just makes it ten billion times worse at night (snacking on tums instead of sleeping) so I figured, I'm going to kick soda when they are born to breastfeed, so why not do it a few months earlier? It was not easy, I'm pretty sure I was addicted... And lets be honest, when you're at In-N-Out and you order a cheeseburger, fries, and umm, a water... how NOT fun is that??? But I'm sure my body will thank me (sometime) for it... and not for the burger and fries, but for the extra water.
  • My fingernails and toenails have to match. OCD I know... but I had my toenails white and I decided to paint my nails pink... looked down at my toes (after doing my nails... dumb me) and realized I couldn't take off the white polish to replace it with the pink... But I could not let it go. So... shhhh... I painted the pink right over the white. And then I could sleep at night.
  • Along with that OCD, I'm also a little crazy with my jewelry. If I wear gold earrings, I have to wear a gold watch, gold rings, etc... I hate that I do this... I know it's really stupid and no one really cares... but it totally drives me nuts! My wedding ring always stay though... match or no match, it's pretty, and it's the only wedding ring I've got, so I'm wearing it!
  • So... all my friends with kids Chandler's age have already been through their kids first haircut (or third...) and I have yet to cut Chandler's hair... I kinda feel like she needs it but to be totally honest?? I don't have a clue what to do with it! I went to school for this! Annnnd I'm totally lost. So, I stick a bow or headband on her and off we go.
  • I am terrified of stretch marks. Call me vein... but I seriously check for them multiple times a day. Every time I use the restroom, I check. I'm nuts I know. And I know that in the whole big picture, stretch marks really don't matter... I mean, hello? I'm growing humans here! And I'm sure having 2 in there isn't really helping my odds of beating the odds if stretch marks... But I'm a total target for all the creams/lotions/oils. I'm a total sucker. I buy them all. And use them all. And then pray to the stretch mark gods that they don't grace me with their presence. But... if they do? I will love them almost just as much as I love my babies... because if getting stretch marks means having healthy babies, I'll take the stretch marks any day.
  • After these babies come, I need to get my butt back into shape. Our condo up in Brian Head (where we are living now) is upstairs... a lot of stairs. And I seriously die every time I get to the top... like I've just ran a marathon or something. Only I've never ran a marathon... but seriously, these stairs are kicking. my. trash. Carrying an extra 20-somethng lbs + Chandler up and down those stairs is a serious workout... and I suck at it. I purposely don't leave... or leave whatever is in my car there until Austin gets home... and then I politely beg him to get it for me. I'm pretty sure he hates me for that... But now I'm thinking... how the heck am I going to get myself, Chandler, and 2 car seats up those gosh darn stairs?!?! Uh, my legs burn just thinking about it.
Alright, I think that's enough confessions for one day... Not that I have a lot or anything... Ha. Next up, my belly bump update!

No comments:

Post a Comment