Wednesday, July 2, 2014

18 months


My sassy Chandler Kate is 18 months... well, as of yesterday, but Austin is studying like a mad man for the first part of his CPA exams (which he takes on Saturday... yikes!) so the computer has been off limits for me! And the fact that we've been crazy moving maniacs over the last week. But, I'm happy to say that we're all moved and now just have a mess in Vegas waiting for us and a mess up in our condo cause we have too. much. stuff. All of that is besides the point because, you guys, I have an 18 month old little girl! What?!?

- Chandler can now put on her own shoes. Or mine. Or Austins. Sometimes they are on the wrong feet, but hey, she's making progress.

- She has added "duck" (although it doesn't quite sound like duck... replace the "d" with a "c" and the "uhh" sound with a "ahh" sound and... yea, you get my drift. But she means duck. Hah.) She also says "baaa" for ball or balloon. I had her saying "bloooo" for balloon at one point but now she's right back to "baa". "Foof" is either fish, phone, or food. She says it for all three. She says "moh" for more whenever she wants more of something. 

- Her favorite word by far is "baby". Everywhere we go, she has to point out every baby she sees. Any kid, toddler, or baby is "baby?" And if you don't acknowledge that she has pointed out a baby, she gets louder and louder until you say, "yes, that is a baby." or "where is the baby?"

- Chandler is such a daddy's girl. Austin is her favorite person and I'm totally okay with it. I love that she loves her daddy and constantly asks where he is. Everywhere we go, she points and says, "dada?" She asks all day where he is at and when he comes home, it's like I never existed. But that's okay, I hope all my girls are the same way.

- She is currently getting her canines. Worst. Thing. Ever. Poor thing won't eat anything that she has to chew and she just holds her mouth and cries. Good thing we've got plenty of popsicles and Tylenol.

- We've been trying to somewhat prepare her for these two babies that will be joining us very soon. I don't think anything will really prepare her for such a big change, but she does know that her sisters are in my belly. I can tell her to give sisters kisses and she'll kiss my belly. But other then that, she's got no clue what's coming her way.

- Tomatoes are still by far her favorite food. I buy the little cherry tomatoes at least once a week and she eats them all. If she sees tomatoes on anyones plate, she has to have them. She likes to snack on goldfish, Austin's multi-grain cheerios (I call them multi-grain nasties), and pretzel sticks. She's not much of a breakfast person I've figured out. She likes eggs and her "chocolate milk" (Ovaltine... it's still the only way I can get her to drink milk) but other then that, she doesn't really want much to do with breakfast. She likes cheese, pasta, chicken, pork, and almost all fruit. We're still working on the veggies... she'll eat fresh green beans (not canned... but that's okay cause I hate canned green beans anyway), steamed carrots and sometimes steamed broccoli (if I'm lucky)... and she loves mashed potatoes.

- She can point to her nose (and says "nus"), eyes (she'll either blink, or just point to them), ears (she plugs her ears now ha ha), teeth, tongue, hair, toes, fingers, and belly button. We're working on "muscles" but she just waits for Austin and I to do it and then she laughs.

- She likes to put things out in rows. Her bath toys always end up on the side of the bath tub in a row. She arranges all her stuffed animals in rows, and then moves them to a different spot and puts them in rows again. She also likes to put things in buckets or cups and then take them out. And do it over and over again.

-She's still in 12-18 month or 18-24 month clothes. I tend to buy the bigger stuff only cause she is so tall and so it will fit her longer. I've been buying 2T dresses so that they are long enough for her. She's still in size 5-5 1/2 shoes and size 3 diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment