Thursday, December 18, 2014

so I forgot?!

So, guys, I'm pretty sure that whole "pregnancy brain" thing is a lie... I never got my brain back apparently, because remember how I told you that there was a "Maternity Pictures pt.3"?? Yea, I didn't lie about that, but I did totally forget to post it! Hashtag crazy lady with a 3 kid circus. So... I won't babble on anymore... and don't judge my bare belly mmmkay?



Do you see why I couldn't share these before? I mean, besides my oversized belly out there for all of you to see. When we were living up in Brian Head waiting for these girls to arrive, I wanted some way of putting their names in a picture... so one Sunday we were driving around in the mountains and I got the idea to carve their names in a tree... cause you know, I'm soo original. Hah. So, we did just that... And now their names will forever be in Brian Head :)

We had decided on our names pretty early on after finding out we were having two girls. And if you know Austin and I, you know that we are TERRIBLE at picking girls names... Boy names? No prob... if we had any of those. So, we actually liked Ava for Chandler, but I always hated growing up being "Ashley T." since Ashley was so common... and I know that Ava is pretty popular right now. So I was pretty adamant about not naming my girl Ava. So, Chandler it was. And I'm so glad because Chandler totally fits. So with these 2, I was certain we were having a boy and a girl, so I had all these little duo names for them... and then I found out that my husband only makes girls... so Kannon & Kenna, Jake & Jane, Porter & Paisley (don't steal my names!! ha ha jk) all went out the window with a super sad face. Back to square one.

So, Austin brought up Ava again... and we could NOT think of anything to go with it... I originially wanted their names to go together... I know what you all are thinking, and no, not rhyming... Bill & Jill, Bailey & Shailey, Kyle & Lyle (Vickie I know you're reading this!)... but maybe the same first initial? We didn't like any other "A" names so I kinda tossed Ava aside... I was trying really hard for Dillyn & Dru (cause I'm a sucker for boy names for my girls... hence Chandler. And I secretly wanted all boys... and look at me now!) But Austin was NOT having it... like wouldn't even talk about it. So, we went on... then I saw that one of his friends had named their baby girl Indiana Marie (Ash & Brian: if you're reading this, we LOVED it, obviously :) ... and your little girl is so stinkin' cute!) So I said, "Oh cute, they will probably call her Indie." And Austin totally ran with it. So next I'm thinking, what's another "I" name?? Yea, I got nothin'. So he said, "What about Ava & Indie?" And we never looked back.

Now. Middle names. Great... Not only did we have to come up with TWO first names... but TWO middle names. Girl names. We suck. Okay... so, we put our thinking caps on... and we thought what about our moms middle names? My mom's is Jeanette, my grandma's was Jean... and Austin's mom's middle name is Mae. Ava Jean & Indie Mae. Perfect. Aaannnnnddddddd... we're done! And I'm crazy and keep our names secret until the baby is born... and then also tell all of you that there is a part 3 to my maternity pictures and never post it. Or post it 3 months later. Whatev.

And I said I wouldn't ramble... Hah!

4 comments:

  1. I love all your girls names! & I loved hearing the story behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally judging!! #noimnot
    I looooove their names! Fits them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the little story behind the names :)

    ReplyDelete