Monday, December 15, 2014

November Recap

Every time I think I'm going to do really good with keeping this blog up to date... Life happens. Someone needs to be fed. Or spits up. Or needs their diaper changed. Or maybe... just maybe, I need to shower. And then after I do all of that (x3) I have a mound of laundry needing to be done. Or maybe I should actually empty the dishwasher instead of just grabbing things out of it when I need it. And then before I know it, it's time to start the process all. over. again.


And then, just like that, another month is gone.

So... November was full of birthday dinners, dr's appointments (and shots. yuck.), and yummy Thanksgiving!


  • My mom's birthday was on the 7th... and every year she likes to shop til we drop (literally) and eat at all her favorite spots. So, Austin stepped up for all-star dad duty (all 3 girls all day. yikes!) and off we went. We only made it to 2 of the 3 malls we wanted to get to, but we had fun and found some good deals. 

  • Both girls started sleeping through the night! Hallelujah! And then both got sick. Not hallelujah. Can I just tell you that having sick babies is  the worst. The "friggin' worst" as Austin would say it.
  • Both girls also started smiling. Be still my heart.


  • We started house shopping... Yay! and Yikes! As exciting as it is, it's also super scary... hello hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt. But it's got to be done at some point, right?
  • We celebrated Thanksgiving with both families. Ah the perks of having both sides of the family right here next to us. The day was filled with football, the turkey bowl, pumpkin cinnamon rolls, omelets, prepping Thanksgiving dinner, eating waaaay too much, then eating pie cause of course we weren't that full, and ended the night with some shopping. My mom and I discovered that the new mall that opened right by our house was open. Score! Only I was a party pooper and needed to go to bed. Ha... I'm lame.
  • Austin's birthday was the day after Thanksgiving... he went golfing in the morning (his only birthday request... and no, I did not go with him. Golf isn't my thing.) and then we went to lunch and did some black friday shopping and ended the night with pizza, presents, bundt cake (because... duh) and then went to see The Hunger Games.


Oh. I forgot to mention... Austin got into a car accident on his way to work last week. It was a small one and everyone was okay... But the person who hit him #1 didn't have a drivers license. Great. And #2 put a good amount of damage to his front right side of his truck. So... his truck has been in the repair shop for the last week and a half. He also managed to drop his phone in the toilet (TMI I know) the day after his birthday... so we've been dealing with that mess too... his phone is unfixable. Also great.

So... we're hoping December brings us some good news!
Up next: Sister Stats :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh your girls!! Miss you all so much! SO scary about his accident... And incredibly inconvenient. Can't wait to see pictures of your future home!!

    ReplyDelete