Tuesday, May 6, 2014

my chan chan

all images are from bcouturephotography

My sweetest Chandler Kate
16 months

-Chandler is 35 inches tall... Yes, almost 3 feet. WHAT?!? She's super duper tall for her age. I've gotten asked (more than once) if she is 3 years old. But no... she's 16 months :)
-She's got the cutest little curly que hair. And sadly, it's not from me. I love love love curly hair... and mine is stick straight. But hers is beautiful.... like that perfect, air dried, not frizzy at all, kind of curl. Ugh, I'm so jealous.


-She's got 12 teeth. 4 on bottom, 4 on top, and 4 molars. And she loves brushing her teeth... or sucking the teensy amount on toothpaste off the toothbrush. But she brushes them, and that's all I care about.
-Her favorite foods include mac n cheese, tomatoes, yogurt (any kind), grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, ice cream, hot dogs, blueberries, and spaghetti-o's.
-She loves any kind of drinks except water. The girl will not drink it. I have to put some sort of juice in it so she will drink water... So I usually mix 3/4 water to 1/4 juice and that seems to work well. She loves apple juice and grape juice, chocolate milk (I use ovaltine and she can't tell the difference) and she would drink all my diet coke if I would let her.


-Chandler's word list includes: mama, dada, dogume (although, she says "dog" now), cat, gampa or papa, gamma or nana, pop, shuz (shoes), and juice (on a good day).
-She tries to put on her own shoes, wipe her own butt (yes she does), put on her own headbands (which usually ends up with her snapping herself in the face with them) and she's pretty good with a fork. A spoon, however, is going to take some work... but she's getting there :)
-Bath time is her favorite. She knows the word "bath" and she strips down and runs butt naked for the bathroom. She plays with her bath toys and her cup, and she drinks her bath water (yuck) and says, "ahhh" each time she does.


-She loves buckets, cups, boxes, and bowls. Anything she can fill up with stuff. She'll spend 20 minutes putting her blanket in a bucket and then taking it out... over and over and over again.
-She wears 12-18 and 18-24 month clothes. We have a hard time with this because she is so dang tall but skinny. She needs 18-24 month dresses and shirts but the pants are huge on her. However, the 12-18 month pants are too short. She wears baby size 5 shoes.
-She loves my phone and the TV remote. She can successfully talk to Siri (all Siri says to her is, "I'm sorry, I didn't get that." But her little face lights up when my phone suddenly talks back to her) and she can turn on the TV and navigate through the channels.


-She can point to her nose, toes, and eyes. Every once in a while I can get her to find her belly button but not very often. We're working on it.
-She now puts herself to sleep in her crib. We give her a bottle at night and then put her in her crib and she lays there until she falls asleep. She sleeps 11-12 hours a night.
-Chandler loves animals. Big, small, it doesn't matter. She gets super excited around them and she claps or pats her legs to try to get them to come to her. Also, every animal she sees is a "dog" or "dogume" sometimes a "cat"... and ALL animals say "quack, quack, quack!" We're working on that too.


We love love love this girl. She is so sassy and full of spunk. She's constantly busy and on the go, but we wouldn't have it any other way! We love you Chan Chan :)

2 comments:

  1. Chan Chan is so very cute... I can't wait for her to be here in Colorado to spend some time with her Aunt Sherrlyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stella totally talks to Siri too! So funny! Chandler is way to cute! And I'm obsessed with her gorgeous hair also!

    ReplyDelete