Wednesday, June 3, 2015

but for real...

I am still alive.

Mother's Day - the twins were already asleep in the car so they didn't make the picture.

Just in case you all wondered.

L I F E happens. And when that happens, I should probably blog about it... or something.
But somehow, the days go by and my blog continues to sit.

NOT ANYMORE!!!
I'm back. For good. With p l e n t y of updates:

#1 - We all survived our first "busy season". Don't know what busy season is? Oh, let me tell you. Austin works for a pretty big public accounting firm and basically from January until May, he's pretty much home to sleep. Like for real, I have a man that I call my husband sleeping in my bed every night, but other then that, he's pretty much non-existant. He would leave for work around 7:30am and get home between 8:30 and 9pm... So pretty much he would leave before anyone was awake and come home after the twins had already gone to sleep and Chan was on her way to bed. Oh, and let's not forget Saturday's... 9am - 3pm. Efffff my life. Hashtag single mom life. But whatev. We lived. Yolo.

#2 - Chandler is potty trained. I repeat: Chandler is potty trained!!! Can you believe it?!? I actually think that she had been ready for a while, and I was the one who was stalling. Yes, we've had accidents here and there, and I do still put her in pull ups at night and during bed time, but she has done so well. I'll save my strategy for another post. But hallelujah for one out of diapers.

My sweet Chan and her friend Paige at swim lessons.

#3 - Chan also moved into a "big girl bed". Well, it' just a little toddler bed, but still. She still chooses to sleep in her crib about half the time, and that's fine with me. The first night she slept in her bed she came waltzing into my room at 4:56am. A.M.!!! I wanted to die. So, whenever she wants to sleep in her crib, I don't argue. Ha.

#4 - The twins m o v e. They move! Ava is an expert crawler. She is all over the place. up the stairs, on the tile... she pulls herself up on things to stand... We call her our little mighty mite. And sweet Indie, she tries so hard, but just rocks back and forth on her hands and knees. She would still rather be held and loved, but she'll be crawling in no time.

Just cause my twinners are so dang cute :)

#5 - The twins are also sitting up on their own and eating lots of baby food. Ava is a champion eater. She'll eat anything. Indie likes food, but prefers her bottle. She sticks her fingers in her mouth after every bite of food and tends to blow all of her food back out of her mouth all over the place. Super fun.

#6 - I signed up to run the Disney Half Marathon in September. Now, ask me if I'm a runner... my answer is no. No I am not a runner. Not at all. But I'm making progress. My legs, butt, and abs hurt every single day from running but I'm taking that as a good sign. I just ran a 5k (and all you expert runners out there pipe it down) and it was some serious business. Half marathon?? Yikes! I'm just hoping I can finish and now have to be carried off in the golf cart!

#7 - I finally renewed my cosmetology license so I can start working again. I let it expire while we were living in Utah and I was pregnant with the twins... but I'm so ready to be back at it! I haven't decided if I want to do hair or eyelashes yet... so that's my next step!

Okay, I'll stop there... But I will tell you all that I have some super fun things coming up so be sure to check back in or follow me on instagram @ashleyhunt5 

No comments:

Post a Comment